Friday, March 28, 2014

What is Paleo?

My brother is a CrossFit trainer. This is a whole lifestyle in itself of very supportive gym members all testing their strength and endurance to make it better and feel better. Although they train together it is a test of self and the motivation comes from the trainer and your supportive gym members. 
ANYWAY, my brother does this Paleo thing and suggested I do the Whole 30 Challenge. I didn't know what it was so i asked my friend Google. She told me (ha ha see what i did there) its basically when you eat the Paleo life style for 30 days.
What is Paleo you ask? well I bought a cookbook (on my nook which i will never do again with a cookbook) The Paleo Cookbook: 300 recipes...
The Paleolithic diet (caveman) replicates eating patterns of the paleolithic era. Its basically consuming large amounts of animal fats and proteins and small amounts of carbohydrates. A doctor that founded this diet used it to treat patients suffering from Crohn's disease and irritable bowel syndrome. they showed significant health improvements from this diet. This book closely replicates the most natural and realistic of the Stone Age Diet without being unrealistic about going to find strange ingredients.
Now you may be thinking why am I going to do this? Well I was told that if I try this for 30 days then reintroduce my body to dairy, I might be able to have it again like normal. 
Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment