Tuesday, April 8, 2014

First Paleo weekend

This past weekend was a busy one for me. I work at a catering hall with weddings and birthdays galore! Trying to eat Paleo every single meal is almost becoming impossible with the rush from one place to another, or just running out of prepared paleo meals I have to make the right decisions and hope for the best.
I have to confess about the few french fries I ate and the orecchiette with broccoli rabe. I was working a double shift and ran out of food! I'm not going to starve and a Lara Bar wasn't enough for dinner.
I have been packing awesome lunches sometimes just taking a smoothie (which i thought could never be a meal replacement)
Lara Bars have come in handy. they are gluten free, dairy free, soy free and all kinds of Paleo allowed!
The whole avoiding dairy is getting easier but I have noticed that everything I fix as a quick meal has gluten or sugars in it. I can't make a sandwich for lunch or have an english muffin with my coffee. The Paleo cookbook has helped me tremendously stay in line with the "lifestyle."
I haven't taken many pictures of the food I've prepared. mainly the same things. I had some friends over yesterday and I made a beef rib roast with an au jus sauce that was marvelous! for the sides i made roasted carrots and garlicky spinach. I did add rice to it since i felt it wouldn't be enough for my fellow non-paleo eating friends. I ate it too. 
Aside from all the "cheating" I've been doing, I haven't been indulging in crazy amounts of anything. I don't give in to my cravings and visit Dunkin Donuts for a bagel and coffee. I'm keeping consistent and that's what matters in the end. I wish I could be this consistent with the gym but that's another story.
Here is a drink I ran into. It is good as long as you don't mind texture. the Chia seeds give it a weird feeling and there is some sugar. but as a post workout drink mixed with protein (says my personal nutrition source) its great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment